by strengthening education and training
of public health professionals
for both practice and research
The member's events calendar is prepared in partnership with goinginternational.eu information platform for higher education in the fields of biomedicine, public health international health and humanitarian assistance.
Add your event
Organiser: Organised by Ellen Kuhlmann, Monica BrÃ®nzac and Kasia Czabanowska.
The webinar is hosted by Marius Ungureanu and Monica BrÃ®nzac, Department of Public Health, Babes-Bolyai University, Romania.
9 November 2020, 5 pm (Central European timezone)
Healthcare systems face an urgent need to strengthen global health in the education and training of all groups of healthcare workers to create a future workforce, which is capable to implement the SDGs and serve the needs of the population both locally and globally. This webinar seeks to contribute to these developments by stimulating debate beyond the professional 'silos' and by building bridges between North-South, East-West, and academics-students divisions, including strengthening the voice of students and young professionals.
The webinar is based on a workshop held at the recent World Congress of Public Health (WCPH), collaboratively organised by EUPHA (European Public Health Association) section Health Workforce Research (HWR), EUPHAnxt (EUPHA young professionals) and ASPHER (Association of the Schools of Public Health in the European Region). It was co-chaired by Ellen Kuhlmann (EUPHA HWR President), Monica Brînzac (EUPHAnxt Representative) and Kasia Czabanowska (ASPHA Vice-President). We believe there is a need to expand this debate and therefore want to make the information available for free to a larger audience.
- Public health competencies in global health education and demand of the global health labour market, K Czabanowska (Maastricht University, Netherlands), H Krasna (Columbia University, USA)
- Transnational collaboration for global health education: Romania as West-East hub, M-I Ungureanu (Babes-Bolyai University, Romania), L Paina (Johns Hopkins University, USA), MG Brinzac, RM Chereches (Babes-Bolyai University, Romania)
- Students as advocates of global health goals: the case of medical education in Germany, A Kreitlow (German Medical Students Union & Medical School Hannover), S Steffen, E Kuhlmann (Medical School Hannover, Germany)
- Exploring the boundaries and silos in global health, TI Agartan (Providence College, Boston, USA), D Atobrah (University of Ghana, Accra, Ghana)
- Global health education and gender, what is it about the Global South?, D Atobrah (Ghana)
- Registration is free of charge but mandatory. In order to register, please complete the registration form no later than 4 November 2020, 23:59 CET.
The registration form can be found here: https://forms.gle/XSVked43tJ4BxVxcA.
The webinar is hosted by Marius Ungureanu and Monica Brînzac, Department of Public Health, Babes-Bolyai University, Romania. We gratefully acknowledge support by the University.