by strengthening education and training
of public health professionals
for both practice and research
Member's blog - Other
Vacancy: Faculty Position in Clinical Population and/or Public Health Sciences
Author: University of Nicosia Medical School
University of Nicosia Medical School
Faculty Position in Clinical Population and/or Public Health Sciences
The Department of Primary Care and Population Health of the University of Nicosia Medical School is seeking highly motivated and enthusiastic faculty members committed to student-centered learning and high-quality research. We are currently inviting applications for a full-time Faculty Position in Clinical Population and/or Public Health Sciences at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor.
- MD/ PhD (or MD by Research) or PhD Degree in related field
- Experience in undergraduate or graduate level teaching in Public Health and/or Epidemiology or related subjects
- Research experience and peer-reviewed publication record relevant to the desired rank
- Evidence of leadership or leadership potential in Public Health and/or Epidemiology research corresponding to stage of career
- Teach and assess in the areas of Public Health, Research Methodology and/or Epidemiology in departmental programmes
- Design innovative learning activities and foster learning opportunities for students
- Conduct research in areas of interest and contribute to scholarly publications
- Fulfil administrative duties related to academic programs and departmental needs
- Engage in community outreach activities to promote the School's mission
Applications should include:
- A Cover letter clearly indicating the faculty position applied for
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) including a complete list of publications
- A one-page research statement outlining previous and current research endeavours, as well as future plans
- A one-page description of teaching experience, including innovative approaches and methodologies employed
- Two Reference Letters from academic or professional contacts familiar with the candidate's work
The ideal candidate should be eligible to work in the European Union/ European Economic Area.
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate based on qualifications and experience.
Please send your complete application to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, 31st August 2023.
Please indicate in the subject line of your email that you are applying for the Faculty Position in Clinical Population and/or Public Health Sciences with the reference number F23CPPH21.
Only candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the University of Nicosia Medical School.